Vaughn E. Hansen 1st UWRL Director
On July 12, 1964, the USU Board of Trustees approved the appointment of Vaughn E. Hansen as the first Director of the Utah Water Research Laboratory.
UWRL Building Dedication
On December 6-7, 1965 numerous professional and government dignitaries, including Governor George Dewey Clyde, along with USU personnel and many others, gathered to celebrate the completion of the new Utah Water Research Laboratory building.
Groundbreaking for UWRL
Groundbreaking ceremonies were held in November 1963, and the building of the Utah “hydraulics” laboratory began.
Logan's 'First Dam' Constructed
First Dam, built between 1911 and 1914, retains water from the Logan River as it emerges from the mouth of Logan Canyon. This dam is owned by Utah State University and currently provides electrical power worth approximately $100,000.
Founding of Agricultural College of Utah
In 1888, the Agricultural College of Utah was founded as the state’s land-grant institution.
First Research at the UWRL Site
The first research at the future UWRL site was conducted by Cy Lauritzen in 1957. He installed a pipe outlet to bring water from First Dam and conducted experiments on the hydraulics of flexible tubing.
L. Douglas James 3rd Director
On July 1, 1976 L. Douglas James become the UWRL's 3rd director.